Mental Health Worker - Somali and English Speaking
Details of Role:
Our outreach team provides personal support to the young men and the older men for those diagnosed with mental health or disabilities. One of your teams will work in community centers in Bristol, faith-based groups and through outreach activities offering short-term interventions to individuals and groups.
In order to more effectively reach this growing population, we are looking for someone who is fluent in Somali, and English, who also has experience working with the elderly and with people with mental health and with complex issues.
In partnership with Bristol City Council, Bristol Horn Youth Concern will provide targeted elements of Bristol public health interventions for wellbeing and mental distress.
Due to the nature of this post, an enhanced DBS check will be undertaken for successful applicants.
- Knowledge of a community language(s) and/or lived experience of community engagement
- Demonstrable experience of working with mental health
- Understanding of the welfare benefits system
- Experience of supporting people using assessment and support planning tools
- Experience of supporting people to understand their situation and can handle the situation comes up
- Local knowledge and networks, including specialist agencies providing services for Mental Health service providers in Bristol
- Knowledge of legislation relating to mental health issues
How to apply: Please send a copy of your CV and a covering letter detailing a) why you are applying for this role and b) how you meet the criteria for the role to
For additional information or an informal chat about this role, please contact the chairman of Bristol Horn Youth Concern – Khalil Aden and you can reach through Click to Call 07557510546
The closing date for the applications are the Saturday 26th of July 2020. 12:00 PM